What are ForzaStone Panels?
ForzaStone® Natural Stone Panels are real slab stone. The panel utilizes an engineered technology to create a super strong support structure that allows the slab to be cut very thin. The end result is a ForzaStone® slab of stone that is stronger and lighter than traditional slabs.
How much stronger and lighter are ForzaStone Panels?
ForzaStone® is 800% stronger than 3cm slabs and yet is 85% lighter weighing only 3 lbs. per square foot.
What materials make up the support backer?
The backer is recycled plastic ply laminate that is sandwiched between two layers of recycled aluminum alloy.
Uses / Sizes / Accessories
What accessories are available with ForzaStone?
ForzaStone® has the following accessories that match the stones offered.
- Soap Dish/Shelf – this piece has a drain hole drilled in the center and is routered on one side for soap. When installed the opposite way, it acts as a shelf.
- Shampoo Compartment – this piece is a prefabricated and waterproofed rectangle recessed two compartment niche.
- ¾" Pencil Trim and 1 3/8” Ogee Trim – the trim pieces are 12” long, match the panels and can be used to trim out the edges of the ForzaStone® when it is applied overtop of existing surfaces, or if the customer desires a more decorative trim than the standard painted edge.
- 2cm Prefab Shower Curbs 52" x 6" and 74" x 6" – these have laminated bullnose edges on both sides to make installation simple and easy. 52” curb caps are available in Group I colors only (Ivory Cream, Walnut and Noce).
- Deco Mosaics – distributors have a variety of decorative inlays and tiles that will fit your décor needs.
- 12" x 12" Matching Mosaic Floor Tile – Available in all ForzaStone® colors and in Chateau and Brick Patterns.
Where can ForzaStone be used?
Besides shower and tub surrounds; ForzaStone® can also be used in many applications such as wall cladding, wainscoting, tub decks, steam rooms, spas, gyms, resorts, restaurants, yachts, elevators, RV’s, lobbies and more. It can also be cut with a water-jet to make detailed and intricate inlays and designs
Is ForzaStone an environmentally friendly product?
Yes. In Procurement, Process, Product and Application. We like to think about our business as “Supporting Mother Nature.”
- ForzaStone® uses 83% less stone from the quarry than traditional slabs due to the ability to make it so thin. The reduced weight allows 400% more to be shipped on every truckload which drastically reduces emissions.
- ForzaStone® is manufactured in a facility that recycles the wastewater, dust and stone scrap for reuse in manufacturing.
- It consists of all natural stone which is supported by an engineered backer which is made using recycled plastic and recycled metal alloy.
- The adhesives are low-VOC and our sealer we use for protection during shipping is a green-certified sealer.
- ForzaStone® can also be used in accordance with certain LEED specifications that can add points to a project seeking LEED certification.
- ForzaStone® is a member of the United States Green Building Council.
What colors are available?
ForzaStone’s partners stock some of the most popular travertine and marble colors. ForzaStone® can make it’s panels in almost any stone and almost any color on special order basis to fulfill your client’s needs. Please visit www.forzastone.com for more information.
What are the standard kit sizes?
Standard sizes are those most commonly used for shower and tub surrounds.
Can custom sizes be ordered?
Yes! We regularly do custom orders often for little more than standard size pricing. Just call (888-99FORZA (36792) or email for a quote. The largest size panel available is 96" x 60".
What are the consumer benefits of ForzaStone?
- ForzaStone® is easy to clean and maintain.
- It is real natural stone, so it is extremely durable, UV safe, and will last a lifetime.
- It is customizable so it will go with any décor or style and can easily be accessorized with tile, deco’s, glass, shelves, etc.
- ForzaStone® is luxurious and high-end, but affordable.
- ForzaStone® can be installed simply and easily in less than a day pending customization.
What are the installer/contractor benefits of ForzaStone?
- ForzaStone® comes in most commonly needed prefabricated sizes with true square edges to minimize wastage when buying material.
- There is no shop time needed and no special tools needed. ForzaStone® can easily be cut on-site with an abrasion cut-off blade or diamond blade.
- It has easy to sell consumer benefits, as well as easy to customize for inclusion of accessories & décor.
- ForzaStone’s lightweight nature makes it simple to transport and reduces damages.
- Installation is fast and simple. This reduces labor costs and increases efficiency.
Installation / Maintenance
How do I clean ForzaStone Panels?
After installation, acetone/denatured alcohol can be used to remove dirt, dust, marks and residue. Then for regular maintenance, ForzaStone® can be cleaned with hot water and a sponge. It is real stone, and so normal stone care and maintenance apply. Be sure that after installation, that the ForzaStone® was sealed with an impregnating sealer such as Miracle Sealants 511 Impregnator.
Since the panel back is smooth do I need to rough the surface?
ForzaStone® Panels have been designed and spec’d to not need any surface prep. However, roughing the surface does add additional surface area and thus greater bond strengths. If you choose to rough up the back metal surface, we recommend the use of a wire brush or steel wool. Just make sure that the surface is clean and dry before applying adhesive to ensure proper bonding of recommended adhesives. Also there are primers available(Ardex P82) that when applied properly with a paint roller will give a textured surface to bond to.
Are ForzaStone Panels manufactured to be squared 90 degree angles?
Yes. The panels are manufactured using state-of-the-art cutting machines that create the 90 degree angles with a 0.001mm tolerance.
Are there Instruction Manuals and Videos?
Yes, comprehensive instructions come with every kit and there are How-To videos also.
How long will it take to install?
Quality / Warranty
Will ForzaStone Panels ever come apart or separate?
No. ForzaStone® has been tested using ASTM standards and it has been shown that it will not delaminate. The special adhesives are patented and have been modified from the aerospace industry. ForzaStone® has a LIFETIME warranty. See www.forzastone.com for details.
Do ForzaStone Panels have fill and how can void spots be filled?
Yes. ForzaStone® is a natural porous stone and because of this the panels can/do have fill spots in them. These spots are factory filled during the manufacturing process. If during the installation/cutting process some void spots become visible traverfill or another two part epoxy can be used to fill these void/pits and the panel can be polished.
Will ForzaStone Panels ever rust?
No. The metal component in the backer is an aluminum alloy, which is rust proof.
Will water ever get through the recessed soap compartments?
All soap compartments have a waterproof membrane applied during the manufacturing process to make them waterproof.
Because the backer is metal do I need to worry about condensation?
No. ForzaStone® has been tested using ASTM standards for temperature transfer and the multi-layered panel acts as an insulator and does not promote condensation.
Since Travertine is porous will the panels ever leak?
ForzaStone® Travertine panels have been ASTM tested and are water resistant and allow for no water penetration. The panel system is designed to be waterproof and once the stone is properly sealed the panel will be impenetrable.
Are the seams waterproof?
They can and should be. ForzaStone® recommends waterproofing behind seams first and then using ForzaStone’s color-matched 100% silicone sealants for seams. If applied correctly in accordance with installation guidelines, all seams should be waterproof and warrantable by the installer.